my white room


i never saw a moor—
i never saw the sea—
yet know i how the heather looks
and what a billow be.

e.d.



5/26/12

first time i saw ginkgo and tulip tree,
it was in finland, small garden filled
with sun yet frozen morning, two 
girls were sitting near the pond,
speaking japanese and it was so 
quiet so i could catch some words.

and this is poster with leaves and there 
is the one that is still unknown for me -
sassafras, mitten leaf they say. elm tree,
with uneven sides and willow, always 
gets me thinking about floating water -
moon road.








i think these five ones
are like me, 


what shapes and colors 
of nature are like you?

9 comments:

  1. imaginative atmosphere.
    i like.
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shape of swallows when they fly and the color of clouds when the sun hits them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I never get bored of leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful! i like ferns but also grasses, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm....

    I like to think of myself
    as a greyish green
    that is the color I like best
    it is the colors of the bushes in the dunes
    near the sea, a color as if the sun
    bleached away the color

    we have a small (tiny!) ginkgo tree
    in our garden, I love the shapes of the leaves
    but fell in love once with the large
    gumtrees of Australia
    I still have some leaves I picked
    so many years ago

    love
    Patrice A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wish to see those one day, patrice
      lucky you, ginkgo still feels for
      me as a foreign magic tree

      Delete
  6. Dear Olga,
    maybe I'm a Rose.
    An old strain. Robust, barbed at some place
    but aromatical,
    blushed
    like a dog rose.

    May I please invite you for the next drawing challenge? I'll be the host with SHADOW this weekend.

    Love
    Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ariane,
      i would love to,
      thank you.

      and like dog rose
      so much, even have
      wild rose cream, bitter fresh smell

      Delete
  7. maybe i´m weeping birch. or just a birch. without leaves. branches. and white flowers or snow. probably snow. definitely.

    liked your five ones, much.

    we too have tiny ginkgo trees in our garden. they are not mine, but i know where they are ;)

    ReplyDelete

thank you
for taking time
and leaving a word,
i will reply right here.

warmly,
olga.




olga